Monday, July 20, 2009

Madness Monday - July 20, 2009

I was at such a loss as to what to write for my "Madness Monday" blog!

But, alas, I finally came up with the one single "Madness" for this Monday!

As nearly everyone is aware of by now, GenealogyWise went live a little while back. I was thrilled to become a part of the community! And so I quickly signed up for "friends", and was soon joining a whole "gaggle" of the many, many groups that caught my eye!

I have had a blast each day waking up and seeing the many new threads of discussion take shape and form. And to learn what the many other researchers on the site have to share with me! The wealth of information combined on the site is equivalent to falling into a vat of the best Swiss chocolate ever made! [Can you tell I'm a choco-holic?] It's undeniable pleasure!

But, GenealogyWise has become my downfall lately as well! As pleasurable as the site is, I find myself falling behind in my work with clients, and my own research, as well as neglecting my housework! [Thank goodness my kids are all grown and I have an empty nest! Can you imagine my poor neglected family if not? And my hubby is a long-haul truck driver, so he's only home on weekends. And he's not too particular about the housework, just as long as I make homemade Tex-Mex, since he's from south of San Antonio, TX. and LOVES Tex-Mex.]

Yep, you might understand my dilemma. I'm so engrossed in the various threads of discussion that my email box gets overloaded with comments and discussion, and I am flipping back and forth between screens to read the various threads, and then a group will deliver a challenge, and I must hasten to visit that group and discover what new and exciting fun is awaiting me, and, and, and......

UGH!!!

I find myself living onthe GenealogyWise site!!!

HELP!!!! I've become a GenealogyWise addict!

Okay, there's got to be some kind of therapy or psychoanalysis to help me break this habit! Right??? Someone tell me there's something that I can do!!! Right???

Aw, heck, I'm here all alone with my computer, and the internet, and this is a lot more fun than sitting in front of the tv and munching on popcorn or ice-cream. So, maybe GenealogyWise isn't so bad for me after all!

Definitely won't make me gain weight! And that's....

...a GOOD THING!!!

And that's my Madness Monday blog post!

No comments: