Friday, November 27, 2009

Adwell Marries Jones


Marriage Register for
Elmer Adwell to Mary Jones

I am putting together a short genealogical book for my newborn granddaughter, Kaylee, for Christmas this year. It's one of this simple "fill-in" 'OUR FAMILY TREE' books. You just fill-in the blanks and the work is completed. I have made one of these books for each new-born grandchild, with a printed history of our entire genealogy given to each child for safe-keeping for their children.

Last night as I was working on filling in Kaylee's book, I realized I had never taken the time to get a copy of her great-grandparents marriage record [my ex-husband's parents]. Thankfully, I have access to those records online, and was able to look it up in only a matter of seconds.

Elmer Lewis Adwell was born on 31 Oct. 1933 in Greenbrier Co., WV. He died on 18 Sep. 1995 in Greenbrier Co., WV. He was married to Mary Lillian Jones on 24 May 1855 in Union, Monroe Co., WV. Mary was born on 17 Mar. 1932 in Glace, Monroe Co., WV. She died on 19 Sep. 2002 in Charleston, Kanawha Co., WV.

Elmer was the son of Sylvester Adwell and Naomi Bennett. Mary was the daughter of Charles Franklin Jones and Della Mae Morris.

The couple are buried in the Dowdy Cemetery, Glace, Monroe Co., WV.

No comments: