Saturday, January 22, 2011

52 Weeks of Personal Genealogy & History - Week #4

Week #4 – Home

Week 4: Home. Describe the house in which you grew up. Was it big or small? What made it unique? Is it still there today?



I grew up in a military home, and so it changed quite a bit.

From 1960-1961 we lived in a duplex on 15th Street in Norfolk, VA. In November of that year we moved just down the street to a cottage. We lived there until 1965.

In 1965 we moved to 12th Street, in Norfolk. And in 1967 my parents purchased the house above.

4600 Krick Street, in Norfolk. We lived here until 1973. The house is still standing. And it was this house that I have my fondest memories.

In 1973 we moved to Gap Mills, West Virginia. That house, as well, is still standing.

In 1975 I married and began living in my own home.

But it is definitely the house on Krick Street that I recall with the tenderest of memories!

No comments: