Sunday, January 30, 2011

52 Weeks of Personal Genealogy & History - Week #5

52 Weeks of Personal Genealogy & History by Amy Coffin is a series of weekly blogging prompts (one for each week of 2011) that invite genealogists and others to record memories and insights about their own lives for future descendants. You do not have to be a blogger to participate. If you do not have a genealogy blog, write down your memories on your computer, or simply record them on paper and keep them with your files.

Week 5: Favorite Food. What was your favorite food from childhood? If it was homemade, who made it? What was in this dish, and why was it your favorite? What is your favorite dish now?

 

My favorite food from childhood was, believe it or not, onions. I am told that as an infant in a high chair if they put a piece of candy and a piece of onion on the tray before me that I would take the onion and eat it first!

My favorite snack was always a slice of onion, mayo, and salt & pepper on a slice of bread! I loved onions raw, boiled, and fried! And yes... I adored them with liver!!! [I know... I was simply weird that way!!!]

Anyway that they were fixed.. I loved onions!

 

What is my favorite dish today???

It's a chili recipe... Joe's Homemade Chili. And yes... there are LOTS of onions in this! But it also has kidney beans, black beans and chick peas. As well as zucchini! And ground turkey meat. This is a chili that I could eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner!!! And yes, I have!

 

 

No comments: